1. Unpack the laser, handpiece and cable, and interlock from the Laser Case
2. Plug in Interlock into the port at the back of laser
3. Ensure the handpiece emitter is properly adjusted and locked by selecting the emitter beam size then tightening the blue nut on the emitter handpiece.
Unspool the fiberoptic cable
4. Turn on the laser Enter password (0000) - NOTE: Your password may be different according to the model or upgrade you purchased; please contact us if you have any questions
5. Choose Your application (NOTE: There are four applications – each application has a complete library of treatment settings for every area of the body.
6. The HUMAN application is a multiphasic treatment that cycles through five different phased settings during the course of the treatment
7. The S.T.A.R. application is designed for use with the hand-free applicator only; adjustments on treatment parameters can easily be made if desired; this application does not utilize multi-phasic treatment parameters.
8. The TURBO application is straightforward with easily adjusted power, Hz rate, duty cycle, and treatment time settings. Although a complete library of settings is preprogrammed, customization for individual conditions is easily accomplished.
9. The ANIMAL application is set up with a complete library of treatment parameters for Canine, Feline, Horses, Exotic pets, Vet Dental, Wound Debridement, Post-Surgical Treatment.
Select body site, then select NEXT
10. Choose Chronicity, Pain Level parameters, body size and skin color parameters, then select NEXT
11. Adjust POWER LEVEL if more or less Average Power or Peak Power is desired, on the slider located at the top of the screen
12. Adjust DUTY CYCLE (energy volume) if more or less energy volume is desired, by selecting duty cycle percentage and adjusting it on the screen or choosing different T-ON/T-OFF numbers (depending on which laser you have. A higher duty cycle means greater energy volume, a lower duty cycle means lesser energy volume
13. Adjust treatment time by selecting the Phase Time/Total Time button and selecting the desired settings
14. Select the blue STANDBY button on the bottom of the screen, it will turn green and read READY, and the laser aiming beam will project from the handpiece emitter.
Put the protective laser goggles on yourself and anyone else within the nominal hazard zone (a radius of about 12 feet away from the laser)
15. Point the handpiece towards targeted tissues, depress the blue handpiece power switch once and let it go, and while resting the handpiece tip or Medroll™ applicator on the skin, move the handpiece in a back and forth and up and down motion to cover a treatment area roughly the size of your hand (NOTE1: the laser will beep once every second and the amber light on the front of the laser will flash once per second whenever the laser is outputting energy. (NOTE2: The exact mode of moving the handpiece is not important as long as the energy is spread equally over the targeted treatment area.
16. Continue to treat the targeted area until the preprogrammed treatment time has expired, at which time the laser will beep, and the laser screen will transition from READY to STANDBY.
17. During and after treatment the laser fan output will increase and/or decrease depending on environmental conditions and power demands.
18. VERY IMPORTANT! - After treatment is over, it is prudent to check fan output temperature by holding your hand to the back of the laser for a few seconds. If the output air is still warm, it is wise to let the laser cool itself for a few minutes before shutting it off.